3.00pm - 4.15pm
THE FRILLIES CLUB EASTER PARTY!!
Are you a member of the Katherine Public Library Frillies Club? Then this
event if for you!
If you are not a member, and you are in Transition-Year 6, come visit the library to join.
It's Back Saturday 21st March – The Katherine Show & Rodeo Trivia Night Fundraiser
See link below to purchase tickets
All proceeds raised go towards free entertainment at the 2020 Katherine Show & Rodeo.
The first ever Katherine and Darwin Gifts will be held at the Katherine Showgrounds of Friday 17 January and Darwin Gift on Sunday 19 January at PSC BM Oval.
The success of a growing athletics program geared towards Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders will see the event open to the communities of the Northern Territory with the Winners of the Indigenous races for both the male and female races winning two trips to Victoria for both the Parkdale and Stawell Gifts.
An open all comers event for athletes aged 14 years and above see them race some of Northern Territory finest.
The program commenced with Tim Mason joining forces with Western Australia and two time Olympian and former Stawell Gift Winner Dean Capobianco. This is the first time the event has been held in NT and builds on the Kimberly Gift in Western Australia that has been conducted for the past two years.
The Objectives of the program are:
- Use running carnival calendars as the vehicle to identify potential sporting talent in Indigenous communities
- Expose organisations across sports, education, business and government to emerging Indigenous talent
- Engage communities to support the aspirations of young Indigenous Australians
- Provide young Indigenous Australians with opportunities to build pathways to success for themselves and future generations
1. Killara Gifts 100m for Indigenous Men 14 years and over plus $500 total and sash
2. Killara Gifts Gift 100m for Indigenous Women 14 Years and over plus $500 total and sash
3. Killara all comers Invitation 100m Hcp $500 total plus sash. Open to anyone in the NT14 years plus`
Winners of the Killara Gifts Gift for Men and Women will receive return airfares and accommodation to compete in both the Parkdale Gift and Stawell Gift (Victoria) valued at over $2,000 each.
Town of Katherine
The town of Katherine is the fourth largest in the Northern Territory, situated 320 kilometres south-east of Darwin on the beautiful Katherine River.
Katherine is often called the 'Crossroads of the North' as it is located on the junction of the Stuart Highway linking with the north and south and the Victoria Highway to Western Australia.
With a population of close to 10,000 people it is a thriving regional centre to an area as big as the state of Victoria, providing services to communities from the WA border to the Gulf of the NT.