The principal role of the Council is to:
- Act as a representative and make informed and responsible decisions in the interest of the community;
- Develop a strong and cohesive social life for residents and allocate resources in a fair, socially inclusive, and sustainable way;
- Provide and coordinate public facilities and services;
- Encourage and develop initiatives for improving of life; and
- Represent the interests of its area to the wider community.
Katherine Town Council is dedicated to offering quality services to the people of Katherine. The Council works actively with the community to create a vibrant, safe, happy place that offers attractive business, social and cultural opportunities for everyone.