Careers At Council
All positions vacant within Katherine Town Council are advertised in the Katherine Times.
For your convenience, current vacancies are also listed below.
Information on how to apply for Council positions is available in the Application Information.
For further information on any position, please contact Council on (08) 8972 5500.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
Big Rivers Library Service Coordinator
Full Time (76 hour per fortnight)
Level 8: $81, 837.23 - $104, 119.81
This position is responsible for:
- Develop, implement and coordinate the strategic planning of community focused library services, programs and systems ensuring contemporary practice across the Big Rivers Region (Katherine Town Council, Roper Gulf Regional Council and Victoria Daly Regional Council)
- Deliver one-on-one and group mentoring sessions, guiding library and council staff in library service delivery including digital literacy and early literacy.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of outreach programs to Big Rivers communities with a focus on digital community storytelling
- Provide reports to Big Rivers Regional Library Service Working Group on outcomes of projects and programs.
- Oversee and coordinate Grant applications, whilst proactively seeking other funding opportunities for the Big Rivers Regions Library Services.
- Assist in the implementation of the Katherine Town Council Local Disaster Sub-Plan in the event of a disaster.
- In collaboration with library staff, evaluate, monitor and innovate library service and program delivery to ensure high-quality, customer-focused outcomes.
- Build and maintain strong empowering relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders to continuously improve library services across the Big Rivers Region.
- Other responsibilities as shall be reasonably associated with or incidental to the above responsibilities or as shall, in the course of the employment, be agreed between the parties as being or forming part of the duties.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Accountable for the effective management of projects while utilising relevant expertise
- Provides a professional advisory role to people within the Big Rivers Remote Library Services on key issues of significance to the sector
- Interpretation of information and development of suitable procedures to achieve desired outcomes
- Supplement base level professional qualifications with additional skills and considerable practical experience in key roles of the position
- Successful completion of a tertiary qualification suitable for admission as an Associate of the Australia Library and Information Association
- Experience in planning, delivering and evaluating library services, programs and activities to ensure contemporary practice
- High level of initiative with an innovative, contemporary approach to library services
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and project management for short and long term projects and programs
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in guiding, developing and mentoring staff to improve library service delivery
- Current NT drivers licence
- Current Working with Children clearance (Ochre Card)
- Police Clearance
- Experience in working with remote and Aboriginal communities
A position description can be downloaded here.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A written response to the key responsibilities as outlined in the position description
- Current Resume/CV
Applications should be made in writing, marked Confidential and submitted in person at the Civic Centre or via email to email@example.com
SUNDAY 28 April 2019