Executive Manager - Infrastructure. Regulatory & Environment Services
Limited 3 Year Contract
- Full Time – 76 hours a fortnight
- Car, Mobile and Communication Package
- Salary Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Superannuation & District Allowance
- 6 weeks annual leave & 3 weeks sick leave
(Accrued on a pro rata basis)
This position is accountable for the efficient and effective management of Council’s infrastructure, environment and regulatory services, ensuring customer services, focusing on excellent results and enriched relationships, ensuring high quality service to the community of Katherine, and in accordance with Council’s statutory obligations.
The infrastructure, environment and regulatory services of Council include but are not limited to:
- Asset management
- Buildings and facilities
- Fleet and plant management
- Parks and garden
- Regulatory services
- Roads, reserves, stormwater and drainage
- Waste management
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Effectively lead and manage the infrastructure, regulatory and environment team to:
- Mentor and develop leadership and technical skills of managers and officers,
- Ensure cohesive team work within the team and across other teams,
- Deliver minor projects on time and within budget,
- Develop and implement a schedule of works program,
- Implement the strategic asset management plan,
- Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of operational services,
- Ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Develop and implement systems to achieve outcomes at an operational and strategic level.
- Lead the development, implementation and on-going review of the Team’s 1 – 4 year Strategic Plans and report on performance against agreed outcomes;
- Manage the infrastructure, regulatory and environment services budget, and input into the municipal plan and annual report input.
- Lead the teams to establish service delivery levels, deliverables, timelines, milestones, key delivery indicators, budgets and other planning requirements to successfully deliver agreed levels of service.
- Manage constructive and communicative relationships with user groups, contractors, clients, external agencies and other stakeholders.
- Manage procurement and tendering for contracts (excluding major project works) in accordance with Council’s procurement policy.
- Lead major areas of responsibility in the implementation of the Katherine Town Council’s Local Counter Disaster Sub-Plan in the event of a disaster and more….
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent results and enriched relationships in each key responsibility
- Current NT drivers licence
- Demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of local government infrastructure, parks and gardens, environment and regulatory services.
- Demonstrated experience and positive outcomes working within the delegations.
- Capacity to hold responsible authority delegations for various services e.g. airport and waste management and duties of an authorised officer. (This may cover off airport, waste and various regulatory responsibilities.
- An Engineering degree
- Project Management related qualifications
- Business degree / qualification
- Professional Certificate in Asset Management Planning
Click here to obtain the Position Description
Applications Close 14 July 2019
LEVEL 4 $60,046.23 —$76,395.57
+ Superannuation & District Allowance
Full Time 8:00am —4:36pm
Responsible for the provision of an effective range of Accounts Payable, Receivable and Payroll Services that meet the Australian Accounting Standards, Local Government Financial Accounting obligations and the Katherine Town Council Enterprise Agreement.
Applications should include:
• A Cover Letter
• A written response to the key responsibilities as outlines in the positions description.
• Current Resume / CV
23 June 2019